Summer natural beauty must haves to enjoy the sun and prevent ageing

05:24 Melka 0 Comments

This summer we are spoiled by lots of sunshine and high temperatures, let's have a look what beauty products can help us enjoy beautiful tan with minimal skin damage. Please bare in mind I am featuring products that I have tried and tested in hot weather,  they are my personal preference and if you have a very dry skin prone to redness like myself, you should read this post.

1. Bentley Organics Bodywash with Olive, Tea Tree And  Eucalyptus




This Organic Bio Shower Gel has become my favourite since hot temperatures settled in the area I live, it deep cleanses my skin without over drying it, it has mild antibacterial properties thanks to Tea Tree and Eucalyptus which doesn't smell like a medicament, in fact,  it has a well balanced scent. With its texture of a thick gel,  it lathers well, even though it doesn't contain any of the harsh ingredients that are usually responsible for a good amount of foam. I bought it for a humble £2.50 at discounted price in my local health store, which is an absolute bargain, plus you only need a thumb size blob to clean the whole body - consider trying it if you like refreshing, re-energising body washes that don't strip your natural moisture layers already compromised by excess sun exposure.


2. Lyonsleaf Beauty Balm and Lyonsleaf Body Butter



These two truly work wonders for my skin. They are award winning products (FreeFrom Award 2014) NO ARTIFICIAL FRAGRANCE, COLOUR, CHEMICAL PRESERVATIVES OR EMULSIFIERS.   Behind Lyonsleaf brand there are passionate people who grow and hand harvest some of the ingredients, like Calendula Flowers. All of the actives are carefully selected and mixed together to create naturally nourishing, regenerating and balancing products for all skin types.

Lyonsleaf Beauty Balm has a texture of a soft butter, on contact with skin it melts immediately and glides all over my face with ease. I have used it regularly for three weeks now - every morning and the results are fantastic. My skin feels softer and smoother on my forehead and under my eyes (I use it on that delicate area too), all the  wrinkles due to dryness have disappeared completely and the skin looks glowing and plump. I use it even under my makeup and it works beautifully. This cream gave me a healthier luminous and lasting look, I am less prone to skin redness in my chin area. Palmarosa, Clary Sage, Patchouli and Rosemary essential oils contribute to sensual, mind relaxing moments on application.
What's more, I spend hours in the sun playing tennis and I can see significant protective effects of using Lyonsleaf face cream. (must be thanks to Babassu and Jojoba Oils, Organic Raw Shea Butter, Macadamia and Sweet Almond Butters) For me it is a  Beauty Balm indeed.

Lyonsleaf Body Butter has a similar texture to Beauty Balm, it is formulated with my favourite natural ingredients like Coconut and Avocado Oils, plus a very exciting Black Pepper essential oil which I have never come across before. The results after just one single application are immense, my skin is deeply moisturised, soft and it is naturally scented with...what I'd classify as lightly sweet, milky herbal fragrance, absolutely not too overpowering, but strong enough to be smelled for a few hours after use. 
Again, I feel this body butter gives me a lot of protection against the sun damage, be it before or after sunbathing. It soothes my skin, and it never fails to amaze me how little I need to be covered from top to toe. It is very rich and leaves a tiny layer of skin moisture sealing oils but within ten minutes form application I am ready to get dressed. I am so lucky I can include these wonderful, natural creams in my summer beauty regime.

3. Tropic Organic Hot Bamboo Face Smoothing Cleanser



Yet another Free From 2014 winner that has actually initiated my very first fascinations in organic and natural beauty department, (see my full review HERE ) and that became a staple in my face cleansing routine since. Not only does it purify, cleanse and exfoliate the face and neck in the most gentle way possible but it also delivers powerful relaxing moments on application. It is formulated with Avocado, Vitamin E, Golden Jojoba, Grapefruit, Camomile and Green Tea Extracts to combine nourishing and cleansing properties, and to just like it says on the bottle "...melt away all makeup and impurities to promote clear (...) complexion". It is perfect for hot summer months, luxurious spa treatment, exfoliator and makeup remover all in one.

You Might Also Like

0 comments: