BAREFOOTED BEAUTY - Martha Hill Moisturising Foot Balm - Natural Foot Cream REVIEW - PART 2

04:11 Melka 0 Comments

One day, during my natural beauty research this foot cream caught my attention for a few reasons - its price, its natural formula with coconut oil included and the history of the brand. I learnt through Beauty Naturals website that Martha Hill is one of the pioneering natural beauty brands, with over 70 years of experience. You will agree that this deserves attention.

It took five years of relentless research into plants and herbs for Martha Hill to come up with formulas for her first face cream. Back in 1960s she created a range that was animal cruelty free and approved by The Vegan Society.

What's more, Martha Hill founded a company (over 40 years ago) that perfectly fits with its beliefs into nowadays market of creating a true value. Here's how she put it:

 "In making my range, I was aware that my customers wanted products that were light in weight, unbreakable, took up the minimum of space when travelling, but above all the product itself was the most important factor. I did not wish to embark on a large advertising campaign so each product would stand or fall on its own merit and by personal recommendation from its users". reference http://www.marthahill.com/history.asp

Packaging:
Martha Hill Moisturising Foot Balm comes in white, 100ml squeezable tube, with black writing on it. I really like minimalistic approach when branding, and Martha Hill mastered it to the perfection. Information about the product is clear - Naturally Soothing Moisturising Foot Balm. 



Texture and Scent:
Texture of this cream is of soft and silky balm, just like the name suggests. On application, It absorbs very quickly, even on harder skin. A big plus for this.
The cream smells with refreshing mint, and soothing lavender. It is on the mild note, not overpowering and phew.. it doesn't remind me of a vintage type of after shave for men. 

Ingredients:
The formula is a blend of natural herb extracts and plant oils. The hero ingredients are coconut oil, tea tree, peppermint oils, lavender and rosemary oils. The one ingredient I am not so happy with is mineral oil as a base to this product. However, this Foot Balm is FREE FROM parabens, artificial fragrance and colourants.



My personal experience and properties:
Martha Hill Moisturising Foot Balm softened hardened parts of my feet, to my astonishment, the results were instant. I noticed  it also absorbs into the deeper layers of the skin in no time. I would say this foot cream is created for "on the go" individuals, who need their feet to be ready for wearing high heels immediately after moisturising. As a fitness addict, I also like the antibacterial properties of tea tree oil, I used it in the gym, it hardly took any space in my bag and sank into my feet quickly even in humid conditions of a shower room.
I would recommend this Foot Balm to anyone, from travellers to athletes, who are in never ending race against the clock.

Summary:
This Naturally Soothing Foot Balm by Martha Hill is worth trying for three reasons which I have already mentioned a few sentences up:

- BRAND'S HERITAGE - there aren't many natural skincare brands that are backed by years of research and  passion to deliver a product that works
- FORMULA - the coconut oil is my persoanl favourite ingredient in products lately and Martha Hill Foot Balm  offers a harmonious mixture of natural oils with the famous Cocos Nucifera and its highly soothing and nourishing benefits.
- PRICE - the cream costs only £7, which provides great value for money, plus, just a hazelnut size amount glides on effortlessly to cover the whole foot area, therefore it will last you longer.



Have you ever tried any of Martha Hill's Skincare? I have flicked through BeautyNaturals Spring/Summer2014 brochure and noticed it offers three different lines of creams - Honey range, Evening Primrose range and Mimosa Range. Please share your experience with Martha Hill or maybe you know of a  natural brand that was established years ago?

You Might Also Like

0 comments: